Essentials of Credit, Collections and Accounts Receivable
Full of valuable tips, techniques, illustrative real-world examples, exhibits, and best practices, this handy and concise paperback will help you stay up to date on the newest thinking, strategies, developments, and technologies in credit, collections, and accounts receivable.
Best techniques for extending business credit
Proven techniques to reduce unauthorized deductions and unearned discounts
Latest Internet, electronic, and high-tech applications
Practical real-life strategies to improve collections
Table of Contents
1. The First Step: Approving the Credit.
2. The Second Step: Billing.
3. The Third Step: Collecting the Money.
4. Accounts Receivable Issues.
5. Handling Deduction Issues.
6. Interacting with Sales and Marketing.
7. Customer Relations and Customer Visits.
8. Letters of Credit and Other Security Interests.
9. Legal Considerations Surrounding Credit.
11. Technology in the Credit and Collections Department.
12. Professionalism and the Future of the Credit Profession.